Degree or equivalent, ideally with Accountancy and Law qualifications
Accountancy, Law, Head of Legacy
• Join one of the world’s leading charities
• Work in the world’s largest Legacy team in the charity sector
• Build a lasting strategy that grows the Legacy giving sector
• Step into a new role and enjoy a better work/life balance.
At Cancer Research UK, we’re renowned for our work in Legacy giving. So it’s no surprise we have the largest dedicated Legacy team in the charity sector. This is a role with huge scale and scope, where you’ll make sure we maximise the value we receive from the generosity of supporters who leave money to us in their wills.
Leading the Legacy Administration department, you’ll ensure all our legacies are administered effectively and that we adhere to all the legal and tax obligations.
You’ll also work with a range of external bodies including lawyers, executors and other charities to ensure Cancer Research UK maintains its incredibly strong reputation of a fair and robust legacy administration function. We’re ideally looking for Lawyers and Solicitors. So you don’t need a fundraising background, just the drive to leave a lasting legacy of your own.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Degree or equivalent, ideally with Accountancy and Law qualifications
• Legal skills with legacy, probate or tax and team management experience
• Accounting and investment knowledge, especially estate accounts, investment management, share valuations, management accounting and reporting
• Tax knowledge, particularly income tax, inheritance tax and capital gains tax
• Strategic, analytical and leadership skills.
Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research. We’ve saved millions of lives with our groundbreaking work into preventing, diagnosing and treating cancer. Our vital work, funded entirely by the public, will help ensure that millions more people survive. If you’re looking to make a major impact in the charity sector, apply now.
How to apply
All applications should be made via the Cancer Research UK careers website. Our online application process also involves attaching your CV and Covering letter which should outline your interest in applying for the role and explain how you meet the set criteria.
To apply please copy and paste the following link into your web browser to be directed straight to the role on our website:
Closing date: 22nd April 2012.
First interviews: 26th or 30th April 2012.
Registered charity no 1089464.