STEP Certificate for Financial Services - Singapore (Trusts and Estate Planning)
This qualification is a collaboration between STEP and Central
Law Training (CLT), available in Singapore. The course facilitator
is Rockwills Institute Pte Ltd and the teaching team comprises some
leading practitioners in Singapore.
Why should I study this qualification?
- You will develop enhanced professional credibility with all
stakeholders and be better placed to win new clients, in particular
from law firms
- On completion of the Certificate you can go on to study the
STEP Diploma or become an affiliate of STEP
- On completion of the Certificate you will be equipped to
deliver more holistic financial advice to clients through
understanding the estate planning factors which affect the
interests of their clients
- The programme enables you to be more confident when talking to
lawyers on issues relating to the use of lifetime and will trusts
in estate planning and you will be able to deal with trustee
investments more confidently and expertly
What are the entry requirements?
Applicants should be financial services professionals and have
some experience or have undertaken previous study of trusts, tax
and estate planning. Applicants should have a good standard of
literacy and be aware that the programme is delivered and examined
When you chose to study the Certificate, you become a student
member of STEP. Upon successful completion of the qualification you
can go on to study the Diploma, which
provides a route to full STEP membership. If you decide to only
study the Certificate, you can become an affiliate of STEP on completion.
What does the programme cover?
- Aspects of personal law
- Wills and intestate succession
- Probate and letters of administration
- Trusts – a classification
- Will trusts and Declaration of Trusts
- Muslim inheritance and estates in Singapore
- Trusts used in financial services
- Taxation of trusts
- Trustee duties
- The incapacitated client
- The philanthropic client