STEP Certificate in Foundations
Enabling professionals involved in the wealth planning industry
to understand, establish and administer foundations.
Several international financial centres have introduced
or plan to introduce legislation recognising the foundation concept
in the coming years. This presents an opportunity for international
wealth management professionals to add to the options they can
offer to potential clients.
This course has been developed for those working in the wealth
advisory community and while it is suitable for STEP members who
might benefit from a better understanding of foundations it is also
designed for private bankers, accountants, lawyers, trust managers
and wealth managers generally.
Why should I study this qualification?
Completing the certificate will enable you and your organisation
- Demonstrate to local regulatory authorities your competence
- Manage risk effectively by ensuring procedural differences
between foundations and trusts are preserved
- Offer a more sophisticated wealth planning service to your
current clients and expand your business by attracting a greater
variety of clients
Key learning outcomes
As a result of successfully completing the course you will be
- Describe the structure of foundations
- Detail the differences and similarities between trusts and
- Identify when a foundation may be the most appropriate option
to achieve a client’s aims
- Demonstrate awareness of local foundation
- Identify the traps in creating and administering foundations
for the unwary wealth professional
Delegates who are not already STEP members can become an
affiliate of STEP on successful
completion of the course.
Where is this course available?
This certificate is delivered through an online learning
platform providing access to webinars, forums and ‘chat’
facilities, and module-by-module self-assessment tools and so can
be studied wherever you are based in the world.