We have an official STEP account @STEPSociety and use it to share news and articles with followers.
On LinkedIn, STEP has an official member-only Group and a number of subgroups.
LinkedIn provides an online area where members can discuss issues and develop their network and where STEP can talk to members and receive feedback and opinions on STEP and industry issues.
The following groups are for STEP members only:
- Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- STEP Digital Assets Working Group
- STEP FATCA Implementation
The following groups are open to Special Interest Group members only:
- Business Families Special Interest Group
- Contentious Trusts and Estates Special Interest Group
- Cross Border Estates Planning Special Interest Group
- International Client Special Interest Group
- Mental Capacity Special Interest Group
- Philanthropy Advisors Special Interest Group
STEP has an official Facebook page, so interested members and non-members can ‘Like’ us to get regular updates on our activity and upcoming events.
STEP uses Google+. Join STEP on Google+ for the latest industry highlights, events and networking opportunities.
Branches and social media
We encourage branches and chapters to explore social media as a means of communicating with both members and potential members at a local level. The various channels can be used to promote branch activities, network with other members and discuss locally relevant topics.
We have therefore developed a set of guidelines (PDF 700KB) for branches to explain how and why we are using social media, and how branches and chapters can get involved.
Beyond third party media
This area is developing and we continuously monitor new channels to see if they could work for us.