A regional body, STEP USA, has been established to coordinate activities and grow membership across the USA branches and chapters.
STEP USA has its own Board of Directors.
The current STEP Council Members representing the USA are Stan Barg and Ellen Kratzer.
How to join STEP
Practitioners in the USA may be able to apply to join as a Full Member (TEP) today via our Accredited Education Partner Route. Find out more and apply to become a Full Member (TEP) if you qualify.
If your course is not listed as a STEP Accredited Course:
- If you have at least ten years' (senior level) experience and a relevant qualification/credentials you can apply to join today as a Full Member (TEP) via the Expertise Route. Apply now
- If you have five years' or more professional experience and a recognised qualification, you can apply today to join via the Essay Route. On enrolment, you would be an Affiliate Member and on passing three essays, you can upgrade to Full (TEP) Membership. Apply now
- You can join via the Exam Route. Progress through our membership categories to Full (TEP) Membership by completing the STEP Diploma, comprising four Advanced Certificates (chosen from the three Diploma sets). Find out more about the Exam Route
- If you have one year's experience and a recognised qualification, you can apply to join today as an Affiliate Member (this is a good option if you don’t currently intend to progress from this category, or you wish to wait until you have five years' experience to become a Full Member (TEP) via the Essay Route). Apply now
- USA Web Events
- The Corporate Transparency Act is Coming Are You Ready - Available on Demand
- Farhy v. Commissioner and its impact on foreign information reporting penalties - Available on Demand
- Proposed Beneficial Ownership Regulations in the US - Available on Demand
- Gifts to German Residents - Available on Demand
- Practical Uses for Private Placement Life Insurance - Available on Demand
- What Do Changes to the Electoral Map Mean to US and Non-US UHNW Individuals and Family Offices? - Available on Demand
- How Germany, the UK and the US Target and Audit High Net Worth Individuals - Available on Demand
- Intro to International Tax Planning for Cross-border Families with a Focus on LatAm and Spain - Available on Demand
- US Trust Planning for Mexicans - Available on Demand
- Women Leaders of STEP Americas - Available on Demand
- Wealth Taxes" - An Update" - Available on Demand
- FBAR litigation developments - Available on Demand
- USA Information and Resources
North America News Digest
We produce a North America News Digest, which is sent out twice a week and contains the latest industry news and developments from the USA, Canada and Mexico. You can subscribe to this Digest
US-related articles, news and other resources
Search the Knowledge Hub for the latest US-related STEP Journal and TQR articles, news and other resources.
- Branches and Chapters in the USA
Please check out the programs each branch is holding by clicking on a branch listed below.
- STEP USA Policy and Technical Guidance
- Corporate Transparency Act Guidance Update (680KB PDF)
STEP USA has updated the guidance on the Corporate Transparency Act (CTA), to reflect the legislation changes which came into force in January this year. The CTA mandates the creation of a database of Beneficial Ownership information, including reporting for corporates and similar entities.