A regional body, STEP USA, has been established to coordinate activities and grow membership across the USA branches and chapters.
STEP USA has its own Board of Directors.
The current STEP Council Members representing the USA are Katharine Davidson and Stan Barg.
North America News Digest
We produce a North America News Digest, which is sent out twice a week and contains the latest industry news and developments from the USA, Canada and Mexico. You can subscribe to this Digest.
If you are interested in joining STEP in the USA please see the entry process and options.
- Farhy v. Commissioner and its impact on foreign information reporting penalties - Available on Demand
- Proposed Beneficial Ownership Regulations in the US - Available on Demand
- Gifts to German Residents - Available on Demand
- Practical Uses for Private Placement Life Insurance - Available on Demand
- What Do Changes to the Electoral Map Mean to US and Non-US UHNW Individuals and Family Offices? - Available on Demand
- How Germany, the UK and the US Target and Audit High Net Worth Individuals - Available on Demand
- Intro to International Tax Planning for Cross-border Families with a Focus on LatAm and Spain - Available on Demand
- US Trust Planning for Mexicans - Available on Demand
- Women Leaders of STEP Americas - Available on Demand
- Wealth Taxes" - An Update" - Available on Demand
- FBAR litigation developments - Available on Demand
- Branches and Chapters in the USA
Please check out the programs each branch is holding by clicking on a branch listed below.
- STEP USA policies
- Corporate Transparency Act Guidance Update (680KB PDF)
STEP USA has updated the guidance on the Corporate Transparency Act (CTA), to reflect the legislation changes which came into force in January this year. The CTA mandates the creation of a database of Beneficial Ownership information, including reporting for corporates and similar entities.
Guidance on US corporate transparency and beneficial ownership reporting
Connect with us