Advanced Certificate in Advising the Family Business
- What does this qualification cover and how is it delivered?
What does this qualification cover?
The Advanced Certificate in Advising the Family Business has been designed to provide practical knowledge about what differentiates family businesses from other types of clients; introduce theories and frameworks that are needed to better understand family business dynamics, and identify common concerns, transitions and difficulties encountered within a family business.
The course modules are:
- An introduction to family business
- Know your family business client
- Systems thinking and the three-circle model
- How a family business governs itself
- Ownership governance
- Family governance
- Transitions in a family business system
- Syllabus (PDF)
How is it delivered?
The Advanced Certificate in Advising the Family Business is a distance learning course, delivered online, which will take four to six months to complete. Assessment is by way of a 3,500 word assignment.
Delegates will study via our online learning platform and will have access to a wide range of resources and support, including:
- Interactive eLearning modules comprising a combination of text, videos, podcasts, animations and interactive activities
- Printable versions of the modules and downloadable resources for delegates to keep following completion of the course
- Self-assessment questions and summative tasks for each module
- What are the benefits to me and my employer?
- Enhance family business expertise and capabilities within your firm or department.
- Offer more creative, considered and compassionate services to your clients, differentiating you and your firm from other providers.
- Identify and develop business opportunities in this emerging market
- Enhance credibility with prospective clients
- Entry advice and requirements
As part of the STEP Qualifications and Membership Framework (QMF), you will need to have 60 Entry Level credits to enrol on to this Advanced Certificate. Entry Level credits can be gained through completion of Entry Level Certificates and/or accreditation of prior certificated or experiential learning.
How many STEP membership credits does this course provide?
This course provides 30 Diploma Level credits. Find out more about how many credits you need to reach Full STEP membership
- Further course details
Is it compulsory to do both courses?
Whilst we recommend that you take both Advanced Certificates, each can be taken as a standalone course.
How much will it cost?
The course fee is £895 + UK VAT if applicable (discounted rate for Full STEP Members - £845 + UK VAT if applicable).
There is also a discounted package fee for both Advanced Certificates in this suite – £1,845 + UK VAT if applicable (discounted rate for Full STEP Members - £1,795 + UK VAT if applicable).
The fee is fully inclusive of all learning resources, distance learning support and assessment fees.
For information on the next available course dates and locations, please visit the CLTI website.
- How do I apply?
- Help and advice
If you have any queries and would like to speak to someone you can either call CLTI on +44 (0)121 362 7733 or email [email protected]
Our Education Partner: CLTI
The Advanced Certificates that make up the STEP Diploma are delivered by STEP's primary training partner, CLTI. CLTI is a professional training, education and qualifications provider for the financial services industry, and over the past 20 years, CLTI and STEP have worked together to develop more than 25 qualifications and training courses that fit practitioners’ needs, and support STEP’s Exam Route to Full Membership