We have committed to delivering all courses that are taking place from July until the end of December 2020 ONLINE, in response to the situation relating to COVID-19 — including workshops, revision classes and assessments. Watch this space to learn how we are supporting our students through the transition to the online environment.
Advanced Certificate in Trust Administration and Accounts
This is one of four Advanced Certificates that can be used to gain a STEP Diploma in International Trust Management. The Advanced Certificate is useful for professionals that work with fiduciary services providers that need to understand the law and procedures involved in administration of trusts.
- What does this qualification cover and how is it delivered?
What does this qualification cover?
- Introduction to the Law in Relation to Trust Bookkeeping and the Preparation of Periodic Trust Accounts
- Introduction to Trustee's Record Keeping
- Trust Accounts
- Accounts of Offshore Asset-Holding Companies Underlying a Trust
- Trust Management - Reserved Powers and "Sham"
- Trustee Investment - Law and Practice
- Managing Trust Assets I - Stocks, Shares and Other Securities
- Managing Trust Assets II - Real Estate
- Managing Trust Assets III - Movable Chattels
- Managing Trust Assets IV - A Controlling Interest in the Settlor's Family Business Empire
- Distributions - Law, Practice and Procedure
- Variation and Termination of Trusts
How is it delivered?
We have committed to delivering all courses that are taking place from July until the end of December 2020 ONLINE, in response to the situation relating to COVID-19 — including workshops, revision classes and assessments. Watch this space to learn how we are supporting our students through the transition to the online environment. See the CLTi website for more information
What other Advanced Certificates also make up the Diploma in International Trust Management?
The Diploma in International Trust Management consists of four Advanced Certificates:
- Trust Creation: Law and Practice
- Company Law and Practice
- Trust Administration and Accounts
- Trustee Investment and Financial Appraisal
This Diploma is recognised worldwide as the benchmark qualification for those working in the international trusts industry.
- What are the benefits to me and my employer?
How will this course benefit me?
Successful completion of this course will enhance your ability to:
- read and prepare basic trust accounts
- implement best practice in trust administration, protecting yourself and colleagues
- discuss confidentiality requirements, in your own jurisdiction and as affected by the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), OECD guidelines and Intergovernmental Agreements (IGAs)
- fulfil your duties regarding overseeing investments in tangible and intangible assets
How will this benefit my employer?
The Advanced Certificate is designed to support employers by training practitioners to:
- understand how trust accounts vary, for example if for a trust, or a trust with an underlying company
- appreciate their duties in relation to record keeping and the consequences of poor administration
- reduce the risk of trust challenges e.g. on the grounds of substantive sham
- understand their duties in relation to trust investments
- Entry advice and requirements
Who would find this qualification useful?
This Advanced Certificate and the Diploma that it is included in, is suitable for a wide range of practitioners. Past graduates have included members of the accountancy, banking, legal and trust professions (at all levels), company administrators, tax advisors and independent financial advisors.
What are the entry requirements?
Admission depends on meeting the Entry Level requirements, outlined in the Qualifications and Membership Framework.
How many STEP membership credits does this course provide?
The Full Diploma in International Trust Management provides 120 Diploma Level Credits (each individual Advanced Certificate that makes up this Diploma provides 30 Diploma Level credits). Find out more about how many credits you need to reach Full STEP membership
- Further course details
How long will it take to complete?
This Advanced Certificate takes six months to complete, from enrolling to sitting the examination.
How much will it cost?
The course fees for Advanced Certificates can be found on the CLTI website.
For information on the next available course dates and locations, please visit the CLTI website.
- How do I apply?
- Help and advice
If you have any queries and would like to speak to someone you can either call CLTI on +44 (0)121 362 7733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org