Advanced Certificate in Trust and Executry Accounting (Scotland)
- What does this qualification cover and how is it delivered?
What does this qualification cover?
- The Basic Principles
- Capital and Income
- Executry Accounts
- Trust Accounts
- Principal Types of Trusts & Trust Accounts
- Investment of a Trust Fund
- Distribution of a Trust Fund
How is it delivered?
The programme is delivered through a combination of online learning and two online workshops and will take four months to complete. We recommend that you spend four to six hours per week on private study for the four months prior to the examination.
- What are the benefits to me and my employer?
Completing the programme successfully will validate your competence and enhance your expertise in:
- Preparing and interpreting accounts relating to trusts and executries
- Describing how tax payments are attributed
- Identify the duties and discretions affecting Trustees when considering distributions
- Assessing appropriate valuations in various situations
- Entry advice and requirements
Who would find this qualification useful?
This Advanced Certificate is suitable for a wide range of practitioners. Past graduates have included members of the accountancy, banking, legal and trust professions (at all levels); charity specialists; a wide range of support staff and paralegals; tax advisors; independent financial advisors and executorship administrators
What are the entry requirements?
Admission depends on meeting the Entry Level requirements, outlined in the Qualifications and Membership Framework.
- Further course details
How long will it take to complete
Advanced Certificates take six months to complete from enrolling to sitting the examination.
How much will it cost?
The course fees for each Advanced Certificate can be found on the CLTI website
Where is it available?
This course is available in Scotland only. For full details visit the CLTI website
What are the course dates?
For full course dates visit the CLTI website
- How do I apply?
- Help and advice
- Specialist Diplomas
Successful completion of this course gives you 30 Diploma Level (DL) credits that you can put towards a STEP Diploma. For more information on the specialist streams, please see the STEP Diplomas page.