We have committed to delivering all courses that are taking place from July until the end of December 2020 ONLINE, in response to the situation relating to COVID-19 — including workshops, revision classes and assessments. Watch this space to learn how we are supporting our students through the transition to the online environment.
Advanced Certificate in Trust Creation: Law and Practice
For any professional that needs to understand the legal and practical realities of creating and administering trusts.
This course is one of four Advanced Certificates that can be used to gain a STEP Diploma in International Trust Management, for those who intend to be full trustees. It can also be taken as a standalone course for frontline staff that introduce the trust concept to new clients, or trust administrators that need to understand why various procedures are in place.
- What does this qualification cover and how is it delivered?
What does this qualification cover?
- Review of the Trust Concept
- Marketing Trust Services and Accepting New Business
- Anti-Money Laundering: The Proceeds of Crime
- Anti-Money Laundering: Countering Terrorist Financing, Tax Evasion and Civil Liability
- The Trust Instrument (double module)
- Choice of Law to Govern the Trust (double module)
- The Role and Status of a Protector
- Estate Planning and Forced Heirship Issues (double module)
- Asset Protection Trusts
- Purpose Trusts
- Private Foundations
How is it delivered?
We have committed to delivering all courses that are taking place from July until the end of December 2020 ONLINE, in response to the situation relating to COVID-19 — including workshops, revision classes and assessments. Watch this space to learn how we are supporting our students through the transition to the online environment. See the CLTi website for more information
What other Advanced Certificates also make up the Diploma in International Trust Management?
The Diploma in International Trust Management consists of four Advanced Certificates:
- Trust Creation: Law and Practice
- Company Law and Practice
- Trust Administration and Accounts
- Trustee Investment and Financial Appraisal
This Diploma is recognised worldwide as the benchmark qualification for those working in the international trusts industry.
- What are the benefits to me and my employer?
How will this course benefit me?
Successful completion of this course will enhance your ability to:
- Interpret trust instruments;
- Identify the powers of any parties to a trust, based on the trust instrument;
- Take effective instructions, or know when you have received effective instructions, regarding the drafting of a trust instrument;
- Identify the proper law of the trust.
How will this benefit my employer?
The Advanced Certificate is designed to support employers by training practitioners to:
- Ensure clients understand the differences between a trust, contract, will or foundation;
- Market or discuss the trust concept using the correct terminology;
- Be aware of forced heirship jurisdictions and interactions between different legal systems;
- Identify good AML practices, such as getting to know your client and being aware of potential issues.
- Entry advice and requirements
Who would find this qualification useful?
This Advanced Certificate and the Diploma that it is included in, is suitable for a wide range of practitioners. Past graduates have included members of the accountancy, banking, legal and trust professions (at all levels); tax advisors and independent financial advisors.
What are the entry requirements?
Admission depends on meeting the Entry Level requirements, outlined in the Qualifications and Membership Framework.
How many STEP membership credits does this course provide?
The Full Diploma in International Trust Management provides 120 Diploma Level Credits (each individual Advanced Certificate that makes up this Diploma provides 30 Diploma Level credits). Find out more about how many credits you need to reach Full STEP membership
- Further course details
How long will it take to complete
This Advanced Certificate takes six months to complete, from enrolling to sitting the examination.
How much will it cost?
The course fees for Advanced Certificates can be found on the CLTI website.
Where is it available?
This course is available worldwide, either online or face-to-face in some jurisdictions. For full details visit the CLTI website
What are the course dates?
For a full list of face-to-face courses, or the option to study online, please see the CLTI website
- How do I apply?
- Help and advice
If you have any queries and would like to speak to someone you can either call CLTI on +44 (0)121 362 7733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org