STEP Advanced Certificate in Administration of Estates - Northern Ireland
- What does this qualification cover and how is it delivered?
What does this qualification cover?
- Validity of the Will
- Types of Will
- Interpreting the Clauses in a Will
- Revocation and Alteration of a Will
- Beneficiaries and Beneficial Entitlement
- Donation Mortis Causa
- Applying for the Grant
- Obtaining the Grant
- Administration of the Estate
- Joint Wills, Mutual Wills and Secret Trusts
- The Inheritance (Provision for Family Dependents) (Northern Ireland) Order 1979
- Post-Death Variations
- Election and Satisfaction
- Foreign Property and Wills
How is it delivered?
The programme is delivered through a combination of online learning and two online workshops and will take four months to complete. We recommend that you spend four to six hours per week on private study for the four months prior to the examination.
- What are the benefits to me and my employer?
Completing the programme successfully will validate your competence and enhance your expertise in:
- describing the responsibilities of personal representatives;
- managing testate, intestate, solvent and insolvent estates appropriately;
- explaining when the Inheritance (Provision for Family Dependents) (Northern Ireland) Order 1979 applies;
- understanding the potential issues around estates which involve foreign wills or property.
- Entry advice and requirements
Who would find this qualification useful?
This Advanced Certificate and the Diplomas that it is included in, is suitable for a wide range of practitioners. Past graduates have included members of the accountancy, banking, legal and trust professions (at all levels); charity specialists; a wide range of support staff and paralegals; tax advisors; independent financial advisors and executorship administrators
What are the entry requirements?
Admission depends on meeting the Entry Level requirements, outlined in the Qualifications and Membership Framework.
- Further course details
How long will it take to complete
Advanced Certificates take six months to complete from enrolling to sitting the examination.
How much will it cost?
The course fees for each Advanced Certificate can be found on the CLTI website.
Where is it available?
This course is available in Northern Ireland only. For full details visit the CLTI website
What are the course dates?
For full course dates visit the CLTI website
- How do I apply?
- Help and advice
If you have any queries and would like to speak to someone you can either call CLTI on +44 (0)121 362 7733 or email [email protected]