STEP Advanced Certificate in Administration of Trusts - Northern Ireland
- What does this qualification cover and how is it delivered?
What does this qualification cover?
- Introduction to the law of trusts
- Classification of trusts
- Fixed interest trusts
- Discretionary trusts
- Resulting trusts
- Constructive trusts
- The requirements for the creation of a valid trust
- The rules against perpetuities and accumulations
- Purpose trusts
- The office of trustee
- Fiduciary and general duties of trustees
- Powers of a trustee
- Breach of trust
- Variation of trusts and setting trusts aside
- Taxation aspects of trusts
- Drafting an effective trust deed
How is it delivered?
The programme is delivered through a combination of online learning and two online workshops and will take four months to complete. We recommend that you spend four to six hours per week on private study for the four months prior to the examination.
- What are the benefits to me and my employer?
Completing the programme successfully will validate your competence and enhance your expertise in:
- defining legal and equitable rights
- describing the roles, responsibilities, limitations and liabilities of trustees
- administering a range of different types of trusts appropriately
- explaining and advising on the use of trusts in a variety of scenarios
- interpreting trust deeds
- Entry advice and requirements
Who would find this qualification useful?
This Advanced Certificate and the Diplomas that it is included in, is suitable for a wide range of practitioners. Past graduates have included members of the accountancy, banking, legal and trust professions (at all levels); charity specialists; a wide range of support staff and paralegals; tax advisors; independent financial advisors and executorship administrators
What are the entry requirements?
Admission depends on meeting the Entry Level requirements, outlined in the Qualifications and Membership Framework.
- Further course details
How long will it take to complete
Advanced Certificates take six months to complete from enrolling to sitting the examination.
How much will it cost?
The course fees for each Advanced Certificate can be found on the CLTI website
Where is it available?
This course is available in England and Wales only. For full details visit the CLTI website
What are the course dates?
For full course dates visit the CLTI website
- How do I apply?
- Help and advice
Our Education Partner: CLTI
The Advanced Certificates that make up the STEP Diploma are delivered by STEP's primary training partner, CLTI. CLTI is a professional training, education and qualifications provider for the financial services industry, and over the past 20 years, CLTI and STEP have worked together to develop more than 25 qualifications and training courses that fit practitioners’ needs, and support STEP’s Exam Route to Full Membership