We have committed to delivering all courses that are taking place from July until the end of December 2020 ONLINE, in response to the situation relating to COVID-19 — including workshops, revision classes and assessments. Watch this space to learn how we are supporting our students through the transition to the online environment.
STEP Advanced Certificate in Company Law and Practice
One of four Advanced Certificates that can be used to gain a STEP Diploma in International Trust Management, this course is useful for professionals that work with company service providers that need to understand the law and procedures applying to companies.
- What does this qualification cover and how is it delivered?
What does this qualification cover?
- An Introduction to Company Law and Practice
- Characteristics of a Company
- Company Formation and Related Issues
- The Company's Constitution
- Directors Part 1 - Role, Appointment and Removal of Directors
- Directors Part 2 - Directors' Powers and Duties (double module)
- Other Officers of a Company: Secretary and Registered Agent
- Company Decision-Marking Procedures
- Taxation of Companies: Tax Planning
- The Provision of Company Management Services in Offshore Centres
- Regulation of Company Management Business
- Termination of Companies
How is it delivered?
We have committed to delivering all courses that are taking place from July until the end of December 2020 ONLINE, in response to the situation relating to COVID-19 — including workshops, revision classes and assessments. Watch this space to learn how we are supporting our students through the transition to the online environment. See the CLTi website for more information
What other Advanced Certificates also make up the Diploma in International Trust Management?
The Diploma in International Trust Management consists of four Advanced Certificates:
- Trust Creation: Law and Practice
- Company Law and Practice
- Trust Administration and Accounts
- Trustee Investment and Financial Appraisal
This Diploma is recognised worldwide as the benchmark qualification for those working in the international trusts industry.
- What are the benefits to me and my employer?
How will I benefit from this course?
Successful completion of this course will enhance your ability to:
- explain why companies operate as they do;
- identify the features of different types of company;
- understand the potential uses of companies;
- interpret memorandums and articles of association.
How will my employer benefit?
The Advanced Certificate is designed to support employers by training practitioners to:
- understand the reasoning behind, and importance of, corporate services procedures;
- explain the roles, fiduciary duties and rights of promoters, directors and officers involved in a company.
- Entry advice and requirements
Who would find this qualification useful?
This Advanced Certificate and the Diploma that it is included in, is suitable for a wide range of practitioners. Past graduates have included members of the accountancy, banking, legal and trust professions (at all levels), company administrators, tax advisors and independent financial advisors.
What are the entry requirements?
Admission depends on meeting the Entry Level requirements, outlined in the Qualifications and Membership Framework.
How many STEP membership credits does this course provide?
The Full Diploma in International Trust Management provides 120 Diploma Level Credits (each individual Advanced Certificate that makes up this Diploma provides 30 Diploma Level credits). Find out more about how many credits you need to reach Full STEP membership
- Further course details
How long will it take to complete?
This Advanced Certificate takes six months to complete, from enrolling to sitting the examination.
How much will it cost?
The course fees for Advanced Certificates can be found on the CLTI website.
Where is it available and what are the course dates?
This course is available worldwide, either online or face-to-face in some jurisdictions. For full details visit the CLTI website
- How do I apply?
- Help and advice
If you have any queries and would like to speak to someone you can either call CLTI on +44 (0)121 362 7733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org