We have committed to delivering all courses that are taking place from July until the end of December 2020 ONLINE, in response to the situation relating to COVID-19 — including workshops, revision classes and assessments. Watch this space to learn how we are supporting our students through the transition to the online environment.
STEP Advanced Certificate in Trustee Investment and Financial Appraisal
One of four Advanced Certificates that can be used to gain a STEP Diploma in International Trust Management, this course aims to bridge the gap between trust professionals, or any fiduciary that needs to monitor investments, and advisers.
- What does this qualification cover and how is it delivered?
What does this qualification cover?
- Trustee Investment: An Introductory Overview
- Investing in Cash and the Money Markets
- An Introduction to the Bond Markets
- Types of Bond
- The Equity Markets
- Investment Analysis
- Financial Appraisal and the Use of Ratio Analysis
- Collective Investment Funds and Exchange-Traded Funds
How is it delivered?
We have committed to delivering all courses that are taking place from July until the end of December 2020 ONLINE, in response to the situation relating to COVID-19 — including workshops, revision classes and assessments. Watch this space to learn how we are supporting our students through the transition to the online environment. See the CLTi website for more information
What other Advanced Certificates also make up the Diploma in International Trust Management?
The Diploma in International Trust Management consists of four Advanced Certificates:
- Trust Creation: Law and Practice
- Company Law and Practice
- Trust Administration and Accounts
- Trustee Investment and Financial Appraisal
This Diploma is recognised worldwide as the benchmark qualification for those working in the international trusts industry.
- What are the benefits to me and my employer?
How will this course benefit me?
Successful completion of this course will enhance your ability to:
- explain investment terminology to clients and other stakeholders;
- outline different types of investments and their relative risk profiles;
- discuss any restrictions on investments e.g. level of risk, or ethical investing;
- analyse investment performance.
How will this benefit my employer?
The Advanced Certificate is designed to support employers by training practitioners to:
- understand their fiduciary duties in relation to overseeing investments, or advising on investments
- use a range of investment analysis tools to assess performance
- discuss the suitability of different investment types to meet a client's needs
- Entry advice and requirements
Who would find this qualification useful?
This Advanced Certificate and the Diploma that it is included in, is suitable for a wide range of practitioners. Past graduates have included members of the accountancy, banking, legal and trust professions (at all levels), company administrators, tax advisors and independent financial advisors.
How many STEP membership credits does this course provide?
The Full Diploma in International Trust Management provides 120 Diploma Level Credits (each individual Advanced Certificate that makes up this Diploma provides 30 Diploma Level credits). Find out more about how many credits you need to reach Full STEP membership
- Further course details
How long will it take to complete
This Advanced Certificate takes six months to complete, from enrolling to sitting the examination.
How much will it cost?
The course fees for Advanced Certificates can be found on the CLTI website.
Where is it available?
This course is available worldwide, either online or face-to-face in some jurisdictions. For full details visit the CLTI website
What are the course dates?
For a full list of face-to-face courses, or the option to study online, please see the CLTI website
- How do I apply?
- Help and advice
If you have any queries and would like to speak to someone you can either call CLTI on +44 (0)121 362 7733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org