STEP Certificate in Anti-Money Laundering
- What does this qualification cover and how is it delivered?
What does this qualification cover?
The Certificate covers:
- The International Context
- Legal and Regulatory Framework
- AML in Practice
- Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
- Managing the Risk of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
- Transaction Monitoring and Filtering Framework
- Suspicious Activity Reporting
- Emerging Industry Sectors
- Escalations and Exits
- Syllabus (PDF)
How is it delivered?
The course is delivered online and includes two virtual classrooms as part of their studies. The course takes around six months to complete and will be assessed by an online multiple choice examination.
- What are the benefits to me and my employer?
How will I benefit from this course?
Successful completion of this certificate will help you to:
- Understand the international standards set by the IMF, UN and World Bank for combating money laundering
- Explain the vulnerabilities of some financial services and products to money laundering
- Identify potentially suspicious transactions
- Assess when and how to report any suspicious activities, based on legal obligations to regulators and clients
How will my employer benefit?
Successful completion of the Certificate will enable you to:
- Protect yourself and your employer with your knowledge of identifying and preventing money laundering
- Demonstrate your firm's commitment to anti-money laundering
- Apply your knowledge to risk-based transaction monitoring and filtering activities
- Entry advice and requirements
Who would find this qualification useful?
The Certificate is suitable for those who work in the international private wealth management field and those who are looking to develop their understanding of anti-money laundering.
The course is also suitable for:
- New/recently appointed MLROs and deputies
- New/recently appointed financial crime and risk officers
- Compliance officers
- Internal auditors assuming responsibilities for money laundering/financial crime issues
- All individuals engaged in financial services and who aspire to a career in anti-money laundering
What are the entry requirements?
This is an Entry Level Certificate and therefore open entry. The course is delivered in English and therefore delegates will need to have a good standard of English language.
How many STEP membership credits does this course provide?
This course provides 30 entry level credits. Find out more about how many credits you need to reach Full STEP membership
- Further course details
How much will it cost?
There are two versions of this course: an online course or an online course with two interactive virtual classrooms. The fees for both versions of the course can be found below:
The standard course fee for this Certificate is:
- £1,100 + UK VAT (if applicable) including access to two virtual classrooms as part of your study.
Full Members of STEP receive discounted course fees:
- £1,045 + UK VAT (if applicable) including access to two virtual classrooms as part of your study.
Where and when is it available?
You can find further details and course dates on the CLTI website
- How do I apply?
- Help and advice
Our Education Partner: CLTI
The Advanced Certificates that make up the STEP Diploma are delivered by STEP's primary training partner, CLTI. CLTI is a professional training, education and qualifications provider for the financial services industry, and over the past 20 years, CLTI and STEP have worked together to develop more than 25 qualifications and training courses that fit practitioners’ needs, and support STEP’s Exam Route to Full Membership