Why take this course?
This innovative and engaging CPD Learning course has been designed to provide the busy practitioner with a comprehensive commentary on FATCA, CRS and other earlier and proposed AEOI initiatives.
The ‘Automatic Exchange of Information’ (‘AEOI’) is the term used to describe the exchange of financial information between countries without either party having to request it. The information, which is required for tax purposes to help combat tax evasion, is exchanged automatically and covers individuals, trusts, companies and other entities.
How will I learn?
This course is delivered through an online learning platform, providing you with twelve months’ access to bespoke, interactive course material written by an industry expert. This course is delivered through an online learning platform, providing you with twelve months’ access to bespoke, interactive course material written by an industry expert. An optional end of course multiple choice assessment is included, with successful students receiving a certificate of completion. There are 30 nominal hours of study recommended for this course.
What will I learn?
This CPD Learning course provides a detailed review of the current reporting requirements as well as comprehensive summary on previous initiatives. As more jurisdictions are participating in the automatic exchange of information it is important for practitioners in the field to ensure they have the up-to-date technical knowledge and tools for effective implementation and compliance.
You will learn how to:
- Explain the need for ‘Automatic Exchange of Information
- Understand the key principles and purpose behind FATCA and CRS
- Know the information required to be reported under FATCA and CRS and timetables for reporting
- Explain the impact of FATCA and CRS on trusts
- Reflect on the positive and negatives of FATCA and CRS
- Consider the possible future direction of AEOI
- Discuss other international AEOI initiatives
- GBP 545 + UK VAT for STEP members
- GBP 595 + UK VAT for Non-members
Large or small groups of employees can undertake this course concurrently, with employers being able to purchase the programme as part of an in-house package.
If you are an employer or STEP Employer Partner looking to purchase multiple licenses for your employees’ learning and development please contact CLTI for details of pricing.