STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates – Northern Ireland
The most comprehensive qualification in the trusts and estates field
- What does this qualification cover and how is it delivered?
What does this qualification cover?
By improving your technical knowledge of the issues arising in trust and estate practice, this course enhances your ability to give holistic advice to your clients as a trusted advisor. It increases your understanding of the administration of trusts and estates and enables you to give practical advice on the law and procedures involved.
It comprises the following four Advanced Certificates:
- Administration of Estates
- Administration of Trusts
- Taxation of Trusts and Estates
- Trust and Estate Accounting
- Syllabus (293KB PDF)
How is it delivered?
The core programme is delivered through a blend of distance-learning and virtual workshops as part of a revision-week series provided online by experts in the field who possess vast amounts of professional experience and practical knowledge.
- What are the benefits to me and my employer?
This course will enable you to:
- Solve client problems effectively
- Provide your clients with assurance that they are receiving advice from someone highly qualified to do so
- Develop your professional competence
- Enhance your ability to give holistic advice to clients as a “trusted advisor”
- Entry advice and requirements
Who would find this qualification useful?
The Diploma is suitable for a wide range of practitioners including members of the accountancy, banking, legal and trust professions (at all levels); charity specialists; a wide range of support staff and paralegals; tax advisors; independent financial advisors and executorship administrators.
What are the entry requirements?
To register for this Diploma, applicants must first obtain 60 Entry Level credits. Guidance on how to gain these credits
Exemption is also possible from a maximum of two Diploma papers, depending upon prior qualifications. For advice call CLTI on +44 (0)121 362 7733 or email [email protected]
How many STEP membership credits does this course provide?
This Diploma provides 120 Diploma Level Credits (each individual Advanced Certificate that makes up this Diploma provides 30 Diploma Level credits).
- Further course details
How long will it take to complete
Each of the four Advanced Certificates that make up this Diploma takes an average of four to six months to complete.
How much will it cost?
The fee for each Advanced Certificate is GBP695 (plus UK VAT) per paper. This includes:
- bespoke hard copy course manual
- access to an online learning platform containing:
- self-assessment material
- distance learning support
- attendance at two days of face-to-face tuition
- examination fees
- How do I apply?
- Help and advice