Asia review - Wealth planning objectives and trends for clients from South and North Asia. 14 June 2022
Asia Review – Wealth Planning Objectives and Trends for Clients from South & North Asia
Asia’s wealth management industry is booming, with a growing number of UHNW individuals and personal wealth at an all-time high. At some stage, wealth managers, trustees, and advisors will be faced with questions about how to service this diverse market and identify core needs and objectives in order to plan appropriately.
For instance, much has been said about the need for control which clients from the region often display. How should this be dealt with when planning? When is it appropriate to have the discussion around the need to relinquish control as part of a succession strategy? Who is best placed to lead this discussion?
In this two-part series, we will hear from industry experts based in China, Hong Kong and Singapore who regularly deal with clients from the key markets in Asia.Session 1 – China and Hong Kong
This talk will cover the following items:
- presented by Jane Ren:
- PRC trusts – what are they and when are they used?
- Offshore trust planning for PRC clients
- Divorces involving offshore trusts
- Taxation of PRC national’s offshore assets
- presented by Richard Grasby:
- New trustee regulation in HK
- HK’s answer to Singapore s13 (under consultation)
- Use of HK trustees and foreign law trusts
- IPO market
- Jane Ren, Partner, Fangda Partners, Shanghai www.fangdalaw.com
- Richard Grasby, Partner, Appleby, Hong Kong www.applebyglobal.com
by 13 June 2022 to [email protected]