Asia review - Wealth planning objectives and trends for clients from south and north Asia. 30 June 2022
Asia’s wealth management industry is booming, with a growing number of UHNW individuals and personal wealth at an all-time high. At some stage, wealth managers, trustees, and advisors will be faced with questions about how to service this diverse market and identify core needs and objectives in order to plan appropriately.
In this second part of the Asia-Review series, we will hear from industry experts based in Singapore, India, and Hong Kong who regularly deal with clients from key markets in Asia.
Session 2 – Singapore, India, and Hong Kong
This talk will cover the following items:
- Singapore: presented by Samantha Ng, Singapore:
- How will the update to Singapore's Section 13O/U fund management tax incentive criteria affect family offices?
- How do Hong Kong's proposed tax exemptions for family offices compare with Singapore's regime?
- Other key Singapore legal/fiscal developments
- India: presented by Ashish Mehta, India:
- Indian tax and foreign exchange regulations – Basics and recent changes in residency and related provisions affecting HNWIs
- Recent changes in dividend taxation regime and capital gains tax in India
- Recent regulatory development on digital currencies
- Perspective on various jurisdictions – migration, information exchange, etc.
- Overview of trusts in India – taxation (Indian, offshore), popularity as a succession planning tool
- Hong Kong and Singapore: presented by Markus Grossmann:
- Opportunities and challenges in the two major financial centres in Asia – a fiduciary’s perspective on recent developments in Hong Kong and Singapore.