Capital tax and trust update. 8 December 2022
Lakeview, Bridge Road
- John Bunker, Irwin Mitchell LLP
John will give an update on:
- HMRC's Trust Registration Service - there have been major developments in recent months on estates, land/will trusts and partnerships, and in relation to Premium Bonds and NSCs.
- BPR/APR planning issues including how this links with the treatment of partnerships/TRS.
- Lifetime estate planning for RNRB and the interaction with pension death benefits and ISAs.
- Changes announced in the 17 November UK Autumn Statement, the earlier mini-budget and what was reversed.
John Bunker is a freelance lecturer who is also Consultant Solicitor and Chartered Tax Advisor, Tax Trusts and Estates, for Irwin Mitchell LLP looking after technical and training work in this practice. He established this role following more than 25 years' specialist experience advising on wills, trusts, estate and tax planning. He is Editor of the Law Society’s IHT Planning Handbook, published in December 2020. John is a frequent and popular speaker at STEP conferences nationwide.
Please complete the attached form and email to Seema Solanki at: [email protected]
Payment to be made via bank transfer:
Sort Code: 40-16-57
Account Number: 21210238
Account Name: STEP Cambridge Branch
Reference: December 2022– payee’s name/firm
Parking at Holiday Inn is chargeable but will be free to STEP event attendees. If you require free parking for this event please report to reception on arrival advising that you are attending this event, and supply your vehicle details. Failure to supply vehicle details may result in parking charges or penalty fines for which STEP Cambridge will not be responsible.