Caroline Bielanska - Elderly Client Update - 29 September 2020
The first session of the season with Caroline Bielanska, is now live on the branches website for our branch (www.step.org). This is a joint session taking place with Solicitors for the Elderly and will be an online virtual session via the Zoom platform. Please note that we will also be holding the AGM virtually prior to the seminar at 1:30pm and an invite will be sent out to the membership closer the time along with all the relevant paperwork.
Caroline is an expert in elder client law. She is the former Chief Executive and former Chair of Solicitors for the Elderly, an organisation she helped to found in 1999. She delivers legal training for many CPD providers, including Central Law Training, MBL, The Solicitors Group, Professional Conferences and STEP, and is well known in her specialist field, advising older and vulnerable adults who have limited physical and/or mental capacity.
Venue: Online – zoom link to be sent out prior to the seminar taking place
Caroline will provide delegates with a general Elderly Client update covering the following topics:
- Gifts and maintenance though an LPA
- Tax planning and the incapacitate client
- How much should P be told about his money?
- Litigation as a deputy or attorney- what's allowed?
- Advance decisions and when they can be overridden
- Safeguarding Vulnerable clients and case law update
- Coronavirus Act 2020 and impact on health and social care