Corporate transparency act – a discussion on the impact on international clients . 24 February 2022
We are thrilled to invite you to our second event of 2022.
The Corporate Transparency Act (CTA) was enacted into law on January 1, 2021 as part of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2021 and tasked the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) with implementation through regulations. On Dec. 7, 2022, FinCEN issued its first set of proposed regulations regarding the "beneficial ownership information" requirements. This Webinar will be a round table discussion with different professionals to discuss amongst other things:
- An overview of the CTA
- The CTA's impact on common trust and holding company structures used by international clients
- How the proposed regulations will impact law firms, trust companies, and family offices with respect to their obligations and their client obligations and what professionals and their clients should be doing to prepare.
- David Warren, Co-Founder/Chairman, Bridgeford Trust
- Joe Kellogg, Head of Wealth Planning, WE Family Office
- Osvaldo Garcia, Associate, Bilzin Sumberg
- Jennifer Wioncek, Partner, Bilzin Sumberg
Meet the speakers and enjoy some social networking. This is a STEP members-only event and is limited to a select number of guests - first come, first served.
We are delighted to invite our members to the first STEP Miami in-person Happy Hour of 2022. Happy Hour will take place at a location in Brickell from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm on the event day. Members will have a chance to meet the speakers, ask questions about the presentation or simply have a drink together! If you would like to attend the cocktail, please email Susie at [email protected].
Not a member yet? Also contact Susie at [email protected] and then join the party!