Cross-Border Philanthropy Program - 14 May 2020
This is a special FREE program to launch our new Branch webinar programs. Space is limited to the first 100 people who register.
In order to attend the Webinar you must register at www.RegPacks.com/STEPLAEvents by 9:00 am on May 14, 2020. An email with the Zoom link will be sent to all delegates who registered by the deadline. Please note late registrations will not be accepted.
Topic: Cross-Border Giving: What you need to know to help your clients
This STEP Los Angeles lunch session will explore the key issues and possible solutions related to cross-border philanthropy from structuring to implementation. Panel speakers will consider matters of taxation and anti-money laundering and terrorist financing regulation, offering practical guidance on obtaining tax benefits for cross-border gifts and navigating increased regulation of charities globally.
This session will educate attendees on cross-border issues and give them the confidence to build a role in helping clients achieve their philanthropic objectives. Key topics to be covered include:
- The IRS guidelines for Equivalency Determination of foreign charities;
- A comparison of foundations versus existing charities to facilitate cross-border giving; and
- The impact of international anti-money laundering and terrorist financing regimes on charities.
Questions and comments from the attendees are welcome and encouraged.
- Gina M. Pereira, B.A.(Hons), LLB., TEP - Dana Philanthropy
- Jane Peebles, JD - Karlin & Peebles, LLP
- Nancy Bikson - Chapel & York