Crypto: An update. 23 September 2021
- Alan Winston Granwell, Of Counsel, Holland & Knight LLP, Washington, DC
- Mishkin Santa, Principal, Director of International Tax, The Wolf Group, Fairfax, VA
- Dr. Niklas J.R.M. Schmidt, Partner, Head of Tax, Wolf Theiss, Vienna, Austria
Crypto is in the news every day. Our program will provide an update on:
- Overview Explanation of Crypto
- US Taxation of Crypto Transactions
- IRS Compliance and Documentation
- IRS and DOJ Enforcement Activities
- Proposed US Crypto Information ax Reporting Legislation
OECD and EU Crypto Enforcement Initiatives.
Alan Granwell is a tax lawyer with nearly 50 years of experience in the area of international taxation. He advises private clients and corporate clients on cross-border planning, controversy, transparency and compliance. Mr. Granwell is a former International Tax Counsel and Director, Office of International Tax Affairs, U.S. Treasury Department and a Fellow, American College of Tax Counsel.
Mishkin Santa is a Principal of The Wolf Group and oversees the firm’s international tax services in the areas of Offshore Voluntary Disclosure, US Exit Tax, foreign grantor and non-grantor trusts, nonresident alien taxation, international organization employee taxation, pre-immigration tax planning, and cryptocurrency.
Dr. Niklas J.R.M. Schmidt is a Partner and Head of Tax at Wolf Theiss in Vienna, Austria. He focuses his practice on a wide range of corporate and private client tax matters. He has particular technical expertise in the area of crypto assets and blockchains, is the author of a German language book on this topic, and a co-editor of the leading English language book covering crypto taxation in more than 40 countries. He regularly lectures on crypto assets and is the founder of the WT Crypto Academy.