DAC 6 in Benelux: The Challenges of an Inconsistent Implementation - 18th June 2020
With DAC 6 implementing legislation now in place across Benelux and reporting deadlines fast approaching, it is time to turn to local regulator and industry guidance, where it exists, and to prepare in earnest for the practical challenges of identifying and reporting both past and future arrangements. However, inconsistencies and ambiguities remain.
Among the topics that will be addressed are:
- Interpretation of the rules and available guidance
- Timing and sanctions
- Arrangements in place before 25 June 2018 – fully out of scope?
- Practical application of the main benefit test
- Treatment of life insurance products and other (wealth planning) structures
- Scope of legal professional privilege
- Impact on self-employed persons (intermediaries?)
- Interplay between branches and head offices
- (Managing) risk of multiple reporting
Linda Brosens – Of Counsel, Loyens & Loeff
Dr. Ineke Koele – Owner, Koele Tax & Legal
Andrew Knight – Managing Partner, Harneys Luxembourg
Register your attendance at [email protected]