Economic substance and UBO registries in the BVI and beyond. 30 June 2021
Economic Substance and UBO Registries in the BVI and beyond Since the introduction of economic substance rules in January 2019, initial differences between jurisdictions have been harmonised. There is now a mostly standardised approach, with slight modifications between jurisdictions. In this talk the speakers will explore the similarities, as well as the important differences between various jurisdictions.
- Brief summary of current economic substance situation
- Overview of UBO registers
- Pitfalls, assumptions and myths
- What is appropriate?
- What lessons can be learned from the last 18 months?
- Sandra Louw, Managing Director, Trident Trust in Zurich
- Dalix Sanchez, Head of Client Services, Trident Trust in Zurich