Exploring Impact Investing Trends Resulting from COVID-19 and its Aftermath - 21 October 2020
- 08.30 GMT/UTC
- 09.30 London
- 10.30 Paris, Berlin
- 12.30 Abu Dhabi
- 14.00 New Delhi
- 16.30 Beijing, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Perth, Singapore
- 18.30 Sydney
- 20.30 Auckland
- *Convert other timezones
Where does impact investing sit in the social impact investment return spectrum of responding to the immediate COVID-19 crisis? What has it contributed to addressing issues emerging from the pandemic? What is trending for impact investing over the next couple of years and what are the implications for professional advisors and their clients?
The impact that the current crisis could have on philanthropy, social investment and impact investment in the long term is difficult to determine, but it can certainly play a key role in addressing the number of economic and societal issues that this crisis has produced.
During this last event of the Philanthropy Programme series in 2020, we will explore the role of impact and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) investing in addressing the implications of COVID-19, discussing the role of professional advisors and social impact funds in providing solutions to the enduring societal and environmental issues.
This event will equip professional advisors on how to raise and have conversations with their clients about philanthropy and impact investing, highlighting the need to build competence and confidence with their clients.
Join us for an interactive discussion where speakers will address the challenges and opportunities for fund managers and social impact investors in this uncertain time. Questions for discussion include:
- What is the future of impact investing in light of the disruption caused by COVID-19?
- Are professional advisors prepared for the various forms of social impact investing?
- How should professional advisors respond to the increasing demands for sustainable investing products?
- How do SDGs fit into this discussion and the kind of society we want to build?
- What are the current trends and innovations in impact investing?
- Daniela Barone Soares, CEO, Snowball
- Daniel Brewer, CEO, Resonance
- James Broderick, Director, Impact Investing Institute
- Amy Clarke, Chief Impact Officer, Tribe Impact
- David Hunter, Consultant, Bates Wells
A live webinar accessible by web (both for audio and visuals) from your computer, tablet or smartphone. Throughout discussion and in a designated session towards the end, attendees will have the opportunity to ask live questions of the speakers.
To join the webinar at the designated time, prior registration is required.
Following registration, registrants will receive an email containing instructions for joining the webinar.