How are the charities and philanthropists reacting to Covid: HandsOn Hong Kong. 14 December 2022
Withers, 20/F, Gloucester Tower, The Landmark
15 Queen’s Road Central
Hong Kong Island
In this seminar Catherine Tong Dannaoui, Executive Director of HandsOn Hong Kong will share with us how the organization has steered its philanthropic work during the pandemic, such as:
- How they managed the partnerships with other charities amidst the challenges
- How they identify new needs and adjusted the strategy
- Whether the relationship with donors had changed (e.g. trust building, funding application process, restricted/unrestricted funding, reporting, etc.)
- How did they manage the volunteering challenges (e.g. social distancing, fall in volunteers, etc.)
- Whether the lessons learned in Covid has implications on their long-term strategy/practices
With a record 1.65 million Hong Kong people living in poverty, it is critical that we each do our part to support communities in need. The charity HandsOn Hong Kong harnesses the spirit to serve in our city by empowering everyone in Hong Kong to volunteer.
Every month, their team runs 200 volunteer activities on the HandsOn calendar as a free service. Each activity mobilizes Hongkongers to support under-resourced local charities and the vulnerable groups they serve. HandsOn provides behind-the-scenes support and trusted advisory to their charity partners year-round, serving as a vital extension of their teams at no cost.
There are currently over 45,000 volunteers in the HandsOn community, who support and connect with tens of thousands of people in need and critical causes every year.
Please share with any friends or colleagues who may wish to attend