The impact of sanctions on trustees. 19 April 2022
The tragic events in Ukraine have resulted in unprecedented sanctions against much of the Russian economy including Russian individuals. The US, UK, EU, Canada, Australia, Singapore and others have imposed their own sanctions. Further sanctions are expected. Assets are being frozen and even seized.
How can trust and corporate service providers deal with this? What if Settlors, Protectors or Beneficiaries are sanctioned?
What about underlying entities and their assets? What about third parties such as lenders or investment funds?
What should a trustee do? What can’t a trustee do? What if the business wishes to exit particular clients?
These and other issues will be discussed by our expert panel.
- Richard Grasby - Appleby, Hong Kong
- Miranda Ching - Kobre and Kim, (UK) LLP
- Richard Norridge - Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
- Samantha Bradley - Ravenscroft and Schmierer, Hong Kong
- Paul Jebely - Withers LLP, Hong Kong
Please share with your colleagues in case they wish to attend