International information reporting: recent developments and strategies. 18 May 2023
Ernst & Young
1101 New York Avenue
Washington DC, DC 20005
United States of America
- Rosy L. Lor, Managing Director, BDO National Tax Office, Private Client Services, BDO USA, LLP, McLean, VA
- Andrea Darling de Cortés, Partner, Holland & Knight LLP, Tampa. FL
- Dianne Mehany, Principal, EY Private/National Tax Department, Washington, DC
- Daniel N. Price, Managing Member, Law Offices of Daniel N. Price, PLLC,
- San Antonio, Texas
- Hybrid Program:
- Live Attendance. For those who would like to attend the live event, the program will be held at the offices of Ernst & Young, 1101 New York Avenue, NW, #300, Washington, DC. Please contact [email protected] at EY to register attendance.
- Virtual Attendance. For those who would like to attend virtually, register here
Upon registering, you will receive a confirmation containing information about the virtual program.
The IRS continues to prioritize international information reporting as an area for enforcement activity.
The Programme/Webinar will cover:
- The current landscape of IRS information return enforcement activity
- IRS enforcement focuses on high-income taxpayers under Inflation Reduction Act Strategic Operating Plan
- Recent case law on information return penalties and implications, including Bittner, Farhy, Fairbank, and Wrzesinski
- Proposed regulations under IRC 6751 on supervisory approval of penalties
- Compliance options and strategies for addressing penalties