The Intersection of estate planning, crypto and NFTs 2.0. 8 June 2022
Mainstream interest in cryptoasset markets exploded in 2021. Bitcoin and many other cryptoassets increased more than tenfold over the past 12 months and NFTs (non-fungible tokens) went from little-known niche to a regular topic in social media and on the nightly news.
Many questions remain regarding estate planning and trust administration when cryptoassets are involved. In this presentation, we will visit the intersection of estate planning and crypto, with focus on estate planning strategies that address the tax treatment of crypto, advanced planning strategies and considerations when a client holds crypto, trust and entity funding challenges, and trust administration issues to be addressed for the client who holds - or who someday may hold - crypto in their estate
Additionally, we will take a closer look at NFTs and services quickly becoming necessary in their protection.
*STEP CO Formation will be hosting this event in a hybrid format, incorporating both virtual and in-person attendees. Due to venue capacity, there is limited space for in-person attendees.
- Matthew T. McClintock, Partner, Evergreen Legacy Planning, LLP
- Caroline Taylor - Founder, Appraisal Bureau
- Linsey Glosier, Partner, Harrison & Held LLP
- Katarinna McBride, Chief Legal Officer, F.O.C.U.S Family Office
- Jonathan Mintz, Partner, Evergreen Legacy Planning, LLP
- Sarah Scofield, Founder, Scofield Law, LLC
Joining Instructions: provided to registrants ahead of the event