Investment risks. 12 April 2022
Topic: Investment risks
An investment consultant, a trustee, and a Swiss attorney will discuss possible strategies to mitigate investment related risks in fiduciary structures.
The three experts will assess investment related risks from their respective viewpoints and discuss topics such as:
- What criteria can be used to select a suitable investment manager?
- Is a professional assessment of investment managers worth the effort?
- What considerations should a trustee make in the context of the investment of trustee assets?
- What should a trustee keep in mind when appointing an investment manager? What should be included in the terms of appointment?
- To what extent does a trustee have to monitor investment decisions made by a professional investment manager?
- What risk (if any) is acceptable for a trustee?
- How to deal with clients who have an appetite for high-risk investments.
- Delegation of investment management and conflicts of interests.
- What are the requirements for a claim for damages in case of investment losses?
- The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on trustee investing.
- Patrick Schmutz, Vallucci & Schmutz Ltd
- William John Houseley
- Matthias Gstoehl
- Andrew R Pollock
Webinar link will be sent in advance.