Latin America: Trends and experiences shared; Outlook for the region. 29 August 2023
Hotel Glockenhof Zurich
- Political and Economic concerns of Latin American families Post COVID
- Next Generation Wealth Planning. Is this matter of interest or concern for Latin American Families
- Typical concerns and how have these changed or remained unchanged over the last years?
- To whom do Latin American families turn to for advice or support when wanting to plan their succession or seek asset protection?
- Regulatory and enforcement landscape in Latin America versus the requirements of Swiss and European Financial Institutions. Do they match up?
- Is Switzerland still an appealing jurisdiction for Latin American families for migration, doing business, banking, Trustee, and fiduciary services?
Geralda Kral, Managing Partner/shareholder, UMA Swiss AG (part of The UMA Wealth Group), LinkedIn
- Adrian Diplotti, Partner, Tax and Legal, Fi Asesores LinkedIn. Area of expertise: Southern Cone
- Thiago Louro, International Private Banker, EFG International, LinkedIn. Area of expertise: Brazil
- Pedro Hernandez Cortes, Managing Director, Rothschild & Co, LinkedIn. Area of expertise: Mexico
Adrian Diplotti is Founder Partner of FI ARGENTINA, an Independent Member of Parker Russell (former Parker Randall) International, Buenos Aires. Tax Lawyer from Argentina specialized in local and international taxation, tax litigation and related tax issues. He specialized in tax law at Buenos Aires University. He writes and lectures frequently on these matters in Argentina and Latin America. Specialities: Local and International taxation, tax litigation and other tax-related services. Cross-border taxation. Mergers and acquisitions. Real Estate.
Thiago Louro joined EFG Bank AG in 2019 as an International Private Banker. Thiago worked as a tax lawyer and international tax lawyer in Brazil for more than 10 years. Thiago has also worked as a Tax Expert for an International Fiduciary company in Sao Paolo and in Zurich prior to joining EFG Bank. Thiago has a law, tax and international law degree from the Pontificia Universidade Catolica de Sao Paolo and a postgraduate in Public Law from Escola Paulista de Magistratura. Thiago’s top skills are Tax Law, Corporate Law, and International Tax. He is fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish. He has published several articles and is an STEP member.
Pedro Hernandez Cortes joined in 2014 and is Head of Family Office and Wealth Planning at Rothschild & CO. For almost 20 years, Pedro has worked with wealthy individuals and families from around the world, helping them with their succession and cross-border planning issues as well as overseeing and managing their wealth. Pedro studied law in Mexico at the Escuela Libre de Derecho and obtained his law degree from the Universidad de las Americas. He holds an LL.M. in Banking, Corporate, Finance and Securities Law from Fordham University and is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).