Master class including update. 28 April 2022
- Gill Steel, Law Skills Limited
This webinar, sponsored by Tower Street Finance Limited, will be conducted over Zoom and will comprise the following:
- Video witnessed wills in the light of the extension of the relaxation of the requirements of the Wills Act 1837;
- Charging clauses after Brealey v Shepherd & Co;
- The importance of knowledge and approval in Reeves v Drew; Skillett v Skillett;
- Execution of mirror wills and severance of joint tenancy after Dunbabin v Dunbabin;
- Testamentary capacity - Hughes v Pritchard  EWCA 386.
- Crypto assets in estates;
- Did a term in a Will revoke an earlier exercise of a power of appointment - Equiom (Isle of Mam) Ltd v Verlade;
- Guidance on applications under the Children Act 1989 - Re B;
- Modern meaning of spouse and children in old trust deeds - Goodrich v AB;
- Trust registration update.
The aim of this course is to discuss topical issues arising in wills, probate and trusts with STEP practitioners and identify interesting points of relevance in practice.