Philanthropy – a helpful guide to achieving your clients' philanthropic goals. 22 February 2022
Sponsored content from Rathbones.
The pandemic has had a devastating effect on charities. Data from the Charity Commission over this time warns that 72 per cent of charities in England and Wales have seen their financial position deteriorate. Six in ten are reporting a loss of income, while a third struggled to find volunteers.
To help understand the different ways you and your clients can donate, wealth manager, Rathbones, is hosting this webinar on how to confidently pursue your philanthropic goals.
Founded by a Quaker family in 1742, Rathbones is proud of its philanthropic heritage. Our speakers will share their insights on how to give in the most tax-efficient way, and the alternatives – offering time and expertise as a volunteer or trustee.
This webinar will cover:
- why it's important to talk to clients about philanthropy;
- what can be philanthropically gifted; it’s not just cash;
- where gifts can be made - from donating through to setting up your own charity, there are many options, each with their pros and cons;
- how tax relief operates on gifts made in your lifetime and in a will;
- case study: tips for selecting a charity investment manager;
- how gift aid can be used to super-charge gifts;
- how to give time as well as money through volunteering or becoming a trustee.
- Melanie Wotherspoon, Head of Professional Intermediary Business Development, Rathbones.
- Emma Watson, Head of Financial Planning and Advisory Services, Rathbones.
- Lyndsay Lynch TEP, Senior Tax Manager, Rathbones.
After the presentation there will be the opportunity to submit your questions for our speakers in a live Q&A.
Please note that this webinar will be recorded.