Seminar: Beneficiary rights. 30 March 2022
Jackson McDonald - Level 17
225 St Georges Terrace
- William Sloan TEP - Kim Wilson and Co
STEP Western Australia is approved by the Legal Practice Board of Western Australia as a QA provider of CPD.
- 17:30 to 18:00 AWST: Networking drinks
- 18:00 to 19:00 AWST: Presentation
RSVP by 17:00 Monday 28 March 2022
Please click here to view our transfers and cancellations policy.
Please click here to view our COVID-19 Policy.
Places are strictly limited to 20 in person attendees. Please note that STEP WA may choose to convert this session to webinar only due to COVID-19 factors.
Instructions on how to access the webinar will be provided the day before the event.
The seminar will cover:
Beneficiaries have a range of rights. This session will explore recent court decisions that have shone a light on two particular categories of beneficiary rights:
- the rights of a beneficiary to compel the trustee to provide access to trust documents (and the corresponding question of the rights of the trustee to resist those demands)?
- in what circumstances might all the various rights (in their entirety) constitute “property” in the hands of the beneficiary?