So, you want to expatriate? 16 March 2023
4800 Hampden Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
United States of America
- Alan Winston Granwell, Of Counsel, Holland & Knight LLP, Washington, DC
- Roy A. Berg, Roy Berg International Tax Law, Calgary, Canada
- Rosy L. Lor, Managing Director, BDO National Tax Office, Private Client Services, BDO USA, LLP
- Linda Rahal, Managing Shareholder, Trow & Rahal, PC, Bethesda, MD
Attend in Person: For those who would like to attend the event in person, the program will be held at the law offices of Paly Rothman, 4800 Hampden Lane, 6th Floor, Bethesda, MD. Lunch will be served. Please contact Wykenia at [email protected]. Seating is limited and special procedures are required for you to gain access to the 6th Floor of the Paley Rothman offices.
Virtual Attendance: Please click here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation containing information about the program.
Expatriation continues to be a planning strategy that many Americans are considering in these chaotic times. Individuals expatriating partially rebounded during the fourth quarter of 2022, increasing to over 1,000 in the period of October through December, from a decrease of 748 in the third quarter.
The program/webinar will cover:
- U.S. Immigration Law Aspects of Terminating U.S. Citizenship
- U.S. Tax Law Aspects of Terminating U.S. Citizenship
- Application of U.S. Tax Expatriation Provisions to “Green Card” Holders
- Expatriation Tax Compliance
- Planning Ideas
Roy A. Berg is an international tax lawyer with more than 29 years' experience in international tax planning and controversy matters. He focuses his practice on cross-border tax and estate planning, renouncing U.S. citizenship and U.S. and Canadian/U.S. tax issues. He is a fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), a member of STEP (Canada and U.S.), and the American Bar Association.
Alan Winston Granwell is a tax lawyer with more than 50 years of experience in the area of international taxation. He advises private clients and corporate clients on cross-border planning, controversy, compliance and transparency initiatives and is a former International Tax Counsel and Director, Office of International Tax Affairs, U.S. Department of the Treasury. He is a fellow of the American College of Tax Counsel, the former Chair of the STEP Mid Atlantic Branch and the current program chair of STEP Mid Atlantic.
Rosy L. Lor is a Managing Director in the BDO National Tax Office/Private Client Services. Her areas of expertise include pre-immigration and expatriation tax planning and tax controversy. She has practiced at a Big Four accounting firm and spent over 13 years with the IRS Office of Chief Counsel, where she last served as a Senior Technical Reviewer in the Office of Associate Chief Counsel (International).
Linda Rahal is the Managing Shareholder at Trow & Rahal and has been with the firm since it was founded in 1993. She focuses exclusively on immigration and nationality law and oversees the firm's business immigration practice.
- Wykenia at [email protected] if you have questions about the live program.
- Robert Hottle - [email protected] if you have technical webinar issues.
Connect with us