STEP Cayman Islands lunchtime lecture. 15 September 2023
George Town Yacht Club (upstairs)
612B North Sound Road
Trustees and their expenses – a modern approach?
with Fenner Moeran KC
- The issue – what are ‘expenses [properly] incurred’?
- The traditional answer – ‘authorised transactions’, and historic categories
- The problem – modern situations outside the historic categories, e.g. borrowing and litigation funding
- The solution – a purpose-based analysis of the (trans-)action?
What trustees can/should do when beneficiaries fall out
with Clare Stanley KC
- Disagreements between beneficiaries
- Disagreements between beneficiaries with the trustee
- Conflicts of interest and how to manage them
- Legal privilege – when can beneficiaries see legal advice taken by the trustee
The lectures are presented by Wilberforce Chambers, who will also provide a light lunch.
Email [email protected] to register your place.