Succession and tax considerations for Malaysians. 22 August 2023
Tricor Hive, Gemilang Room, Level 29, Tower A, Vertical Business Suite
Avenue 3, Bangsar South, No 8
59200 Jalan Kerinchi
As the saying goes, death and taxes are the only two certain things in life. We have two excellent and experienced speakers to share on two important areas - succession and tax affecting Malaysians.
Succession and Tax Considerations for Malaysians with U.S. Beneficiaries or Assets
By Suzanne M Reisman
Succession planning and tax considerations for Malaysians with US beneficiaries or assets can be complex, as it involves navigating the legal and tax systems of both Malaysia and the United States and succession planning is made even more challenging whenever there are changes to the tax rules in either one or both countries.
The speaker will explore:
- US tax and reporting issues for Malaysian practitioners
- Foreign grantor trust rules
- Taxation issues including spousal relief, impact on businesses held in trust and shariah compliant matters arising during the lifetime and death of the Malaysian settlor
- Investments in US situs assets and US tax issues impacting zakat
Foreign-Sourced Income (Fsi) in Malaysia
By Leow Mui Lee
Pursuant to the Finance Act 2022, the income tax exemption on FSI received by all Malaysian-resident taxpayers was removed. How does it impact individuals and corporations in Malaysia?
The speaker will cover the following:
- Taxability of FSI
- Condition for FSI exemptions
- Other tax-related updates
Spaces are limited, so register now to secure your place!
Registration closes on 18 August or upon the registration reaching 60 pax. Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis.