Surprising blockchain use cases with positive impact for people and planet. 13 April 2023
- Susanne Fromm, Co-Founder and General Partner, Venture Capital fund Vanagon Ventures
- Planet, society and economy are facing unprecedented challenges.
- However, massive coordination failures that cause these global challenges can be resolved by technologies driving the third wave of the internet, particularly blockchain technology.
- One upcoming blockchain killer application is in the voluntary carbon markets, plagued by intransparency and double spending.
- The presentation will highlight blockchain innovation examples in the carbon markets and beyond.
Susanne Fromm is co-founder and General Partner of the Venture Capital fund Vanagon Ventures, focusing on Regenerative Finance (ReFi), with portfolio companies such as senken.io (largest marketplace for on-chain carbon certificates). Previously, she was CEO of Hamburg-based coinIX, a publicly listed blockchain investment company with over 40 portfolio companies.
The Munich native started her career as a management consultant. After six years at Roland Berger, during which she also completed her MBA at INSEAD Business School, she moved to Allianz. There, she was responsible for the design and global roll-out of digitisation strategies, made corporate venture capital investments and formed partnerships with BigTech.
Fromm was recently listed by Cointelegraph as top 25 blockchain expert in the DACH regions. She is also a co-founder of a digital assets consultancy and regularly holds lectures at universities and companies on blockchain technology.