Tax issues with departing and returning to Australia. 20 October 2022
575 Bourke Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
STEP Victoria invites you to a seminar presented by Frank Hinoporos & Todd Bromwich of Hall & Wilcox.
Topic: Tax issues with departing and returning to Australia
In an increasingly mobile world, more high-wealth individuals are choosing Australia as their primary country of residence. How they go about relocating to Australia, and how they structure their affairs before and after relocating, can have significant and varying tax implications. In this session, Frank Hinoporos and Todd Bromwich from Hall & Wilcox will cover some of the key considerations for individuals relocating or returning to Australia, including:
- Australian tax residency and tax treaty ‘tiebreaker’ rules.
- Transitioning to or recommencing Australian residency and tax implications for domestic and foreign assets, including the application of Subdivision 104-I and Division 855.
- Foreign income and repatriating money from overseas to Australia, including practical issues and compliance risks.
- Overseas trusts and section 99B.
- Foreign entities brought within the Australian tax net – what are they for Australian tax purposes?
Location: Equity Trustees Melbourne OR Online via Zoom webinar.
Equity Trustees: Fox Room - Level 1, 575 Bourke Street Melbourne
This seminar is available for in-person attendance and remote attendance. Please ensure you select the correct ticket type.
Online Ticket Holders will be provided with instructions on how to view this event online and provided with a code providing access from the time of the event - this link is shared two hours before the event.