The ten domains of family wealth: A new framework for understanding what families need from advisors – 4 February 2021
- 08.00 - Los Angeles, Vancouver
- 10.00 - Mexico City
- 11.00 - New York, Toronto
- 13.00 - São Paulo
- 16.00 - GMT/UTC - London
- 17.00 - Berlin, Paris
- 20.00 - Abu Dhabi
- *Convert other timezones
This webinar will be a conversation with Dr. James (Jim) Grubman on ‘The Ten Domains of Family Wealth’, a new learning and development framework developed by The UHNW Institute – a non-profit think tank established in 2019. The Ten Domains is the Institute’s inaugural project: a conceptual framework for advisors and families representing the full landscape of what an ultra-high-net-worth family wealth comprises.
Dr. James (Jim) Grubman PhD TEP is an internationally recognised consultant, speaker, author and educator in the multi-disciplinary field of family wealth psychology. Jim draws on skills developed over 40 years in providing services to families of wealth at many levels of affluence. Jim is a member of the recently formed UHNW Institute and chair of the committee that developed The Ten Domains framework. Among his numerous prestigious professional affiliations – including Fellow of both the Family Firm Institute and the Purposeful Planning Institute - Jim is one of a handful of mental health professionals who are full members of STEP.
Cindy Radu TEP is an independent family wealth transition consultant with over 25 years of legal, fiduciary, trust and governance experience across a wide range of sectors. Cindy co-chairs the STEP Business Families Special Interest Group, is on the STEP Canada Board and recipient of the STEP Private Client Award for People’s Choice – Trust Advisor of the Year (2018/19).
This will be a highly interactive dialogue with practical examples. Attendees will learn about:
● what the UHNW Institute is – how it came into being and what its purposes is;
● the reasons for, and process of, developing The Ten Domains of Family Wealth framework;
● the competencies recommended in each domain - including what is NOT in the framework and why;
● important current and future implications for advisors and their practices;
● upcoming extensions of the framework to high-net-worth and mass affluent families as well.
- MODERATOR: Cindy Radu TEP, Family Wealth Transition Advisor, Cindy Radu Advisory Ltd.
- Dr. James (Jim) Grubman, Ph.D TEP, Family Wealth Consulting; Chair – Content and Curriculum Committee, The UHNW Institute
A live webinar accessible by web (both for audio and visuals) from your computer, tablet or smartphone. In a designated session towards the end, attendees will have the opportunity to ask live questions of the speakers.
To join the webinar at the designated time, prior registration is required.
Following registration, registrants will receive an email containing instructions for joining the webinar.