UK-US Tax Planning: Trusts Residential Real Estate - Real Estate Investment Planning - 29 September 2020
- Helen Cox, Partner, Fladgate LLP, London
- Sarah Farrow, Director, Frank Hirth, London
- Severiano E. Ortiz, Partner, Kozusko Harris Duncan, Washington, DC
- Jonathan Riley, Partner, Fladgate LLP, London
- Iain Younger, Director, Frank Hirth, London
- Alan Winston Granwell, Of Counsel, Holland & Knight LLP, Washington, DC
The Webinar will focus on three topics:
- Advising trustees of offshore trusts – with a beneficiary in US v beneficiary in UK, including UK issues that can arise from US-focused trust planning
- Residential real estate ownership and estate tax – owner occupied v let – US v UK treatment
- Real estate investment planning – structuring investments in the US and UK
Helen Cox specializes in advising on both corporate and personal taxation. She advises on a broad range of UK and international matters, acting for private individuals, family offices, trustees and corporate entities. She is a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) and an affiliate member of STEP.
Sarah Farrow has 16 years’ experience in private client tax and specializes in dealing with HNW and their onshore and offshore structures. She is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Taxation, a member of STEP (TEP) and a qualified Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA).
Alan Winston Granwell is a tax lawyer with nearly 50 years of experience in the area of international taxation. He advises corporate and private clients on cross-border planning, controversy and compliance and is a former International Tax Counsel and Director, Office of International Tax Affairs, U.S. Treasury Department.
Severiano Ortiz advises institutional and private clients, domestic and international, in tax planning matters, focusing on, cross-border transactions and tax efficient restructurings. He also advises clients with regard to pre-immigration, expatriation, cross-border income, gift, and estate tax; and offshore compliance.
Jonathan Riley is Head of the Private Wealth Group at Fladgate. He advises wealthy individuals, families, trustees and other fiduciaries responsible for the management of private wealth. A large proportion of his work has an international element and he provides advice to clients who are not resident or domiciled in the UK, as well as to those clients that are permanently UK based.
Iain Younger joined Frank Hirth in 2000 and has successfully established and built the Trust and Estates service within its Private Client offering. He personally covers numerous areas of US and UK taxation for both individuals and families and offers specialist advice relating to FATCA reporting. He is a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA), a US Enrolled Agent and is a member of STEP (TEP)
Webinar Platform provided by Bakertilly: