Understanding conflicts of interest - 11 June 2020
Venue: Via Zoom Link will be provided via email to registered participants on 11 June
As fiduciaries, the consequences of acting in conflict cannot be overstated; professionals must approach conflicts of interest with eyes wide open.
This ethics session will focus upon practical tips to improve awareness, reduce the risk and mitigate the potential consequence of conflict. The session will particularly focus upon issues that can arise when: - clients act in multiple capacities; and - professionals act for more than one client in the same matter.
Practitioners will be invited to discuss examples of conflict during the plenary session.
Who should attend?
Young legal practitioners and other professionals who wish to improve their understanding of conflicts of interest.
What you will gain
This practical ethics session will take attendees on a whistlestop tour of:
- How to identify potential conflict;
- How to avoid or mitigate issues caused when a client acts in more than one capacity
- Tips to employ when representing the interests of more than one person
- What to do when a conflict arises; and
- Practical examples on the ground.
Connect with us