Update on European asset inheritance law changes post Brexit. 17 June 2022
STEP East Midlands
This webinar will provide an update and overview of the key legal changes impacting the inheritance of assets, within and across borders, in the jurisdictions of England and Wales, France, Italy, and Spain since the United Kingdom’s departure from the European Union.
It will provide practical guidance and insight into how these changes impact the application of private client related law in these jurisdictions.
This webinar will consider:
- what has and has not changed post Brexit from a private client law inheritance perspective in the jurisdictions of England and Wales, France, Italy and Spain, within and across these borders;
- the relevance of the EU Succession regulation post Brexit across borders
- the expanded Trust Registration Service remit: what it is, how the registration requirement has expanded – who and what now needs to be registered, how to register, the fast-approaching 1 September 2022 deadline, the penalties and implications for not complying;
- key tax changes per jurisdiction for UK nationals/residents with assets in France, Spain and Italy;
- the post-Brexit impact on immigration law in the jurisdictions of England, France, Italy, Spain and Wales.
By attending this webinar, you will learn:
- the key inheritance law changes, post Brexit, within and across the jurisdictions of England and Wales, France, Italy and Spain, and the impact on clients’ succession plans;
- what tax laws apply to UK nationals/residents with assets in France, Spain and Italy;
- why and how to register trusts in the UK (1 Sept 2022 deadline);
- how immigration law has changed post Brexit and the impact on these jurisdictions.
- England – Emily Malvaso, English Lifetime Planning Specialist, Senior Solicitor, Buckles Solicitors LLP
- France – Sally Dilks, Head of French law, Associate, Buckles Solicitors LLP
- Italy – Jessica Zama, Head of Italian law, Associate, Buckles Solicitors LLP
- Spain – Alvaro Aznar Azcarate, Head of International and Spanish law, Senior Associate, Buckles Solicitors LLP
Free to attend
12:00 - 13:30
Add to Calendar Disabled
Connect with us