An update from the IGOT. 4 May 2022
The Naval, Military & Air Force Club of SA
111 Hutt Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Hear about the latest tax investigations of the Inspector-General of Taxation and Taxation Ombudsman (IGTO), including:
- Three new review investigations as announced on 9 December 2021.
- Understanding the Death and Taxes review completed in July 2021.
- Understand how the IGTO may assist you.
Also understand the Death and Taxes review completed in July 2021.
Hear about other own-motion investigations.
Understand how the IGTO may assist you
- An update on taxation complaints and disputes with the ATO and TPB;
- An update on ATO disclosure of tax debts to credit reporting bureaus;
- An update on the community’s Register of issues - have your say in what you think should be the priorities for the IGTO tax investigations – that is systems, laws and administration;
- What is a tax complaint that you could make to the IGTO?
- What powers does IGTO have to investigate tax complaints, ATO actions, decisions and tax systems generally;
- How does IGTO investigate complaints?
- What remedies are available to you as part of those IGTO investigations?
- What are the key areas of complaint and investigation?
With your input, IGTO can improve the tax outcomes not just for a single complainant but ultimately the administration of taxation laws for ALL taxpayers.
Who should Attend?
Anyone who represents taxpayers or has an interest in improving the tax system.
What you will gain
Improve your understanding of when and how the IGTO can assist to resolve your disputes and complaints with the ATO and TPB.
Speaker: Ms Karen Payne, LLB MCOMM BComm CTA FCA Solicitor
Chair: Michael Fox TEP is a co-founder and partner of KMT Partners
Connect with us