Webinar: Digital Assets and Cross-Border Estates: An International Problem - 29 October 2020
- 06.00 - Los Angeles, Vancouver
- 09.00 - New York, Toronto
- 10.00 - São Paulo
- 13.00 - GMT/UTC - London
- 14.00 - Berlin, Paris
- 17.00 - Abu Dhabi
- 18.30 – New Delhi
- 21.00 – Hong Kong, Singapore
- *Convert other timezones
This event will explore the issues surrounding the administration of a cross-border estate with digital assets.
Panellists will commence with a brief introductory overview of what digital assets are, definition of terms and concepts that are frequently used. Then the international panel will explore a case study involving an estate that comprises digital assets, examining the difficulties of the situs of those assets, the varying jurisdictional perspectives. They will explore:
● situs of asset and taxation;
● the law applicable to the crypto-asset on death;
● a summary of the process to administer an estate with crypto-assets.
International speakers from Switzerland, Spain, the USA and the UK will cover the basics of digital assets and will discuss a case study highlighting potential pitfalls in international estates comprising of digital assets. Topics include:
● an overview of what digital assets are, definition of terms and concepts that are frequently used;
● a practical approach to the treatment of digital assets in estates in other jurisdictions;
● recurring issues that practitioners should be aware of.
- MODERATOR: Alvaro Aznar TEP, Senior Associate, Buckles Solicitors – United Kingdom
- Ross Belhomme TEP, Executive Board Member, Asiaciti Trust – Singapore
- Justin Brown, Partner, Troutman Pepper – USA
- Javier Frías TEP, International Tax & Wealth Management Advisor – Spain
- Leigh Sagar TEP, Barrister, New Square Chambers – United Kingdom
A live webinar accessible by web (both for audio and visuals) from your computer, tablet or smartphone. In a designated session towards the end, attendees will have the opportunity to ask live questions of the speakers.
To join the webinar at the designated time, prior registration is required.
Following registration, registrants will receive an email containing instructions for joining the webinar.
Connect with us