Webinar: The Future Philanthropy Client - Navigating the Differences Across the Generations - 30 June 2020
- 08.30 GMT/UTC
- 09.30 London
- 10.30 Paris, Berlin
- 12.30 Abu Dhabi
- 14.00 New Delhi
- 16.30 Beijing, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Perth, Singapore
- 18.30 Sydney
- 20.30 Auckland
- *Convert other timezones
Attention is being focussed on the next generation of social impact investors – Millennials. They will benefit from one of the most significant transfers of wealth that history has seen; but such wealth transfer between generations is not without its issues. Generational opinion may differ as to how social impact investment efforts should progress as a result.
With clients standing to be from a range of generations, professional advisors must be able to understand and support the perspectives of all members of the family in order to meet client needs. Getting to grips with generational differences is essential in retention of 'trusted advisor' roles spanning the generations. For professional advisors to build a constructive dialogue with the next generation, it is key that they understand their version of an end -to-end donor journey; what drives their investment choices in comparison with their parent’s generation, and the ultimate desired end relationship between themselves as a (Millennial donor) and their chosen charity. How should the next generation be supported differently in their donor journey? How are Millennials engaging with philanthropy in comparison to the previous Baby Boomer and Gen X generations? Could they need a new kind of wealth management? In this event, panellists will discuss the different methods of working with Millennials and how to support them on their philanthropic and social impact investment journey.
As professional advisor, understanding the dynamics and influences at play between different generations determines an important aspect of your role in client practice. Panel discussion points will include:
- The professional advisor's role in managing the transition of wealth across generations
- How to meet the multi-generational needs of clients for greater engagement in their social impact journey
- Documented generational differences and trends in giving
- The challenge for the industry in accessing the next generation of philanthropists as clients
- How advisors can meet their clients' needs during the intergenerational handover period
- Rennie Hoare, Partner and Head of Philanthropy, C. Hoare & Co.
- Myriam Vander Elst, Chief Engagement Officer, Epic Foundation
- Darshita Gillies, Founder and CEO, Maanch
- Heiko Specking TEP, Founder, specking+partners
A live webinar accessible by web (both for audio and visuals) from your computer, tablet or smartphone. Throughout discussion and in a designated session towards the end, attendees will have the opportunity to ask live questions of the speakers.
To join the webinar at the designated time, prior registration is required.
Following registration, registrants will receive an email containing instructions for joining the webinar.
If you were unable to attend this web-event and wish to purchase a recording please email email@example.com (cc: firstname.lastname@example.org) quoting:
Email address where you wish invoice and recording link to be sent: