Webinar: Identifying and navigating cross-cultural differences within business families. 15 June 2021
- 07.00 Los Angeles, Vancouver
- 09:00 Mexico City
- 10.00 New York, Toronto
- 11.00 São Paulo
- 14:00 GMT/UTC
- 15.00 London
- 16.00 Berlin, Paris
- 18.00 Abu Dhabi
- 22:00 Hong Kong
- *Convert other timezones
As business families become more global in nature, many exist across varied cultural environments. Cultural theorists have identified three prominent cultures: Individualist, Collective Harmony and Honour.
- What impact does culture have on business families?
- How are business families evolving as a result of these 'culture clashes'?
- How can advisors meet the needs of cross-cultural business families and help them to better adapt to ensure their continued success globally?
In order to help families thrive and survive across generation, advisors need to increase their understanding of cross-cultural dynamics and be poised to assist families through this, given its impact on succession, wealth transfer and leadership.
This webinar will provide both an academic and practitioner based discussion, highlighting some of the key cross-cultural issues at play and how those impact the role of the advisor, giving you the knowledge to consider how differently and better you might do things in light of this. The session will also walk through an illustrative case study highlighting some of the tools and frameworks that can be used when faced with similar situations.
- MODERATOR: Daniel Trimarchi TEP, Director-Family Business Advisory Services and Director-KPMG Enterprise Global Centre of Excellence for Family Business, KPMG and Committee Member, STEP Business Families SIG Steering Committee
- Dr Dennis Jaffe TEP, Research Associate, Wise Counsel Research
- Tsitsi Mutendi, Family Office Advisor, Family Business Expert and Co-Founder-African Family Firms
A live webinar accessible by web (both for audio and visuals) from your computer, tablet or smartphone. In a designated session towards the end, attendees will have the opportunity to ask live questions of the speakers.
To join the webinar at the designated time, prior registration is required.
Following registration, registrants will receive an email containing instructions for joining the webinar.