What you need to know about digital assets. 13 September 2023
Angharad Lynn of VWV will discuss:
- What are digital assets?
- How legislation relating to digital assets and crypto currencies is catching up with developments in technology
- Advising clients on the inclusion of digital assets in Wills
- How to identify and deal with digital assets and crypto currencies in an estate
- How blockchain technology works
- What to do if crypto wallets cannot be accessed during an estate administration
- NFTs - what are they and how should they be dealt with as part of an estate?
- Taxation of crypto currencies and digital assets
- The international element
Angharad is a Partner and heads up the Estates, Tax and Trusts team at VWV in London. Angharad specialises in the full range of private client work including Wills, trusts and estate administration. She also advises in relation to inheritance tax planning, drafts Lasting Powers of Attorney and makes applications to the Court of Protection.
Angharad's clients range from those who have inherited wealth, to entrepreneurs and successful professionals. Angharad speaks French, Welsh and Italian and has developed the firm's international Private Client offering.
Angharad has particular expertise in cross-border estates. She is the firm's Private Client representative for Eurojuris, an association of European law firms. Angharad is a full member of STEP (TEP) and a member of the Private Client section of the Law Society. She also sits on the Private Client editorial board for LexisPSL.
Before training as a solicitor, Angharad was a national newspaper journalist specialising in personal finance, and her knowledge in this area provides a useful background to her current role. She enjoys writing on legal matters and has contributed to publications including the Financial Times and the Daily Telegraph. She has also appeared on BBC Radio and lectures widely.
"Angharad Lynn has always been an excellent professional and been a perfect link between me and her clients. Her knowledge, professionalism and personality make her a real pleasure to work with". Legal 500 2022.