Affiliate Membership is for practitioners who have prior knowledge and experience but are not yet eligible to join as a Full Member of STEP.
Affiliate Members can use the term ‘STEP Affiliate’ on their CV, business cards, stationery and email signature. There are no post nominal or letters for this membership category.
To become an Affiliate Member you must:
- Demonstrate 60 Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) credits. APL credits are awarded to applicants who:
- Have completed a prior qualification that has been formally assessed and certified by an educational institution e.g. University/University College, recognised education/training provider or professional body. This will provide 30 Accreditation of Prior Certified Learning (APCL) credits.
- Have prior learning gained through at least one year of relevant work experience. This will provide 30 Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) credits.
Affiliate Applications can be completed online by clicking on the Apply button below.
Applicants will need to upload the following as part of their application:
- A detailed CV/resumé or written summary which includes a comprehensive outline of your past and current areas of practice and responsibilities within it.
- Proof of any relevant qualifications.
- A statement from an independent referee. The referee should have known you in a professional capacity during the relevant period and be able to confirm your competence as detailed in your application. Ideally, they will not be from your current firm, company or organisation. If your referee is a TEP in good standing, they can be from your current firm, company or organisation.
Please note that applications not completed in full and/or supported by evidence of standing in the profession will not be processed.
Background check – STEP undertakes background checks using the Refinitiv World-Check One service to assist with determining an applicant’s suitability for membership. View further information.